The Museletter is for independent thinkers who find themselves in positions of leadership or influence. It benefits those seeking the wit and ways to better navigate complexity and change (aka ‘transformation’), so as to be a more effective imposter within the mythical ‘future of leadership’. Thusly, The Museletter serves as a precursor to wisdom.
If you are ready to join the 11,000+ who subscribe, you can do so here. It’s free, and you can unsubscribe at any time with a single click.
I write to you (via raven) from the quiet and cosy candlelit atelier of my wizard tower, which rests within the heart of a dark yet softly-wooded forest (home to psionic fennec foxes and verdant moss), atop a floating island amidst a hidden pocket of time-space folded deep within the noösphere.
I refer to my 11,000+ ravens as The Unkindness, which is surely ironic.
My work seems to resonate with leaders, thinkers, philosophers, poets, artists, academics and the various sleeper-agents nestled within large enterprises. This may appeal to you if:
- you relish in ‘both/and’ paradox—you don’t mind the odd bit of magical realism, ironic sincerity, future nostalgia, true fiction and knowing naïveté;
- you enjoy the occasional bout of confounding linguistic periphrasis, and you care about erudition (the cultivation of worldly intelligence without rudeness);
- you prefer intellectual honesty to charismatic hucksterism (and you are deeply suspicious of neat narratives, quick fixes and unwavering conviction);
- you know that ‘genuine thought leadership’ is suspect and counter-intuitive to conventional narratives—but hoho: you consider it anyway (knowing that—with curiosity, courage and metarational wit—you may be able to assimilate such thinking into a form that is both useful and apt);
- you are looking to build influence and develop as a leader, knowing full-well how hollow and self-serving this might sound—and yet, humbly: you seek a meaningful equivalent (something we might call ‘character development’); and/or
- you likewise seek to create a world more curious and kind.
If some of this sounds like you, then you might like to subscribe. I can’t promise you ‘Instant Ultra Success’—but you may well become much savvier about the mythical ‘future of leadership’ (as seen through the lens of an almost-practical philosopher).
Together we shall foray heartily through complexity, ambiguity, paradox and doubt—so as to obtain the freshest, darkest and most dubious fruits of ‘wisdom’ for our combined edification and delight.
Over 11,000 fine folk subscribe to The Museletter. And you’d be welcome company.
Ha, but I don’t want to over-sell it. 😅 The Museletter is essentially a way for me to share with you my latest thinking, along with personal news, updates, books and articles worth reading and things I think you’ll find useful and apt. I think you’ll like it.
—worst kept secret—
You may have also heard hushed rumours of The Skulk—a mythical coterie that comport themselves as ‘Friends of the Fox’. The rumours are mostly true, though somewhat inflated. If you’d like to support my work, consider making the gift of becoming a friend of the fox. Becoming a member grants you free lifetime access to The Ritual of Becoming (with its 70+ videos). I also answer all questions arising from friends of the fox each month.